Monday, July 15, 2013

Heat Wave


It is hot here. Tonight and seemingly always. I am on the front porch after a sultry and too quick family dinner...after watching my babe pop off the boob and droop his eyes into a sweaty slumber. There's ice in my wine and a book in my lap and the hum of air conditioners is lulling me into some sort of midsummer trance. My neighbor showed up on his motorcycle and I could just imagine...what a breeze would feel like tonight. The prolonged heat and humidity has, I think, gotten to me. I know I'll dream of these temperatures when it turns back to 35 and freezing rain or negative 20 and crackling under my boots. But tonight I am just hot and bothered. Just a few more days and we will be joining my parents on an Adirondack adventure. The time is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment