Tuesday, July 9, 2013

FMQ

I came home tonight after two days of pretty annoying sickness, to three sleeping boys and a blind quail. The quail looked pretty piss poor there, let me tell you. I left the guys to snooze in the AC and donned medical gloves to assess the situation. I decided maybe this guys eyes were glued shut by something, and so I gently removed him (it is my only rooster). It's usually hard to catch skittish quail. This one was just like old kimchi the no eyed shihtZu. Unawares. So anyway, I get this thing, and in my blue greys anatomy gloves I take it to the garden hose and spray it down. After rubbing this guy's eyes with plantain, one opens. I'll take it. I put him back in his hutch and think to myself, "maybe I'll treat this nice quail couple to some fresh grass". Right. So as I move the hutch, it separates from the outdoor cage and both one eyed and fully functioning quail escape through the neighbor's chain link fence. I run through my yard, open George's fence, run up his yard on the other side, grab one quail in each blue latex fist and stomp on home in my wifebeater. Honestly, who else does this shit during happy hour on a Tuesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment