Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Comfort

I was feeling pretty frazzled at the end of this day. I had been to two daycares, asked too many questions, stared at multiple calendars, used calculator apps, googled blogs about mommy guilt and reassurance. Money and convenience, proximity and instinct all words in my head. Neil and I were playing where's the baby with a red hand knit scarf when Colin swooped in, changed into sweats, grabbed the guitar and started playing Loser. Neil was propped on a blanket holding the chords and reaching for the capo. And everything just felt so much better with everyone in the same room exchanging glances, smirks, music and love. It doesn't take much to regenerate that feeling of comfort that you need so hard at the end of a trying day. Just a few familiar faces, a moment of understanding, a tune or two, a warm meal. I think we almost have a plan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHDeelwew1M&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No comments:

Post a Comment