Friday, February 1, 2013

String Theory

Neil and I were invited to spend an afternoon at a homeschool space class. I learned about black holes and white holes, galaxies and solar systems while Neil got passed from mom to mom. He just loves everyone. At one point I looked down the row of mothers and just about everyone was knitting. I'd love to learn to knit again. My brief stint in Albany was disrupted by my move to Saratoga. I made it through maybe an eight of a scarf. Along the same lines, I spoke briefly with the presenter while the children were drawing galaxies. He tried to explain the String Theory to me, which is the idea that everything is made up of the same teeny tiny bundles of energy...possibly handed down by divine creation...and that they vibrate throughout the universe to make up gravity... And that if this idea is true, everything can be explained by one math equation...

I think I'll stick to learning how to knit for the time being...

No comments:

Post a Comment