Monday, December 3, 2012

Chipmunk Update and Humidity Now

Neil seems to be doing better this morning, after a kinda rough night. He isn't coughing as much, and he seems more energetic. The Dr.'s office told me to forego an appointment as long as he continued to improve. I'm still hoping to buy a small humidifier for his bedroom (which is attached to ours)...but in the meantime I found some great free alternatives to boost your home's humidity:

- put a few drops of essential oil in a crockpot, fill with water and set on low
- set a pot of water on low on the stove
- buy some Betta fish or set up an aquarium
- add some house plants
- wet a sponge, place in a ziploc bag and poke a few holes in the bag
- place a bowl of water in the room
- brewing adds a TON of humidity to the house of course!

Since Neil's room is also attached to the bathroom, I opened his door and let Dad's shower steam escape into it this morning. I felt brilliant and duh-like when I thought to do this. Oh the advantages of a tiny house!

Tonight Doug takes a trip to the vet. She wears high heels and has a lot of cleavage...I'm not really looking forward to the whole ordeal. Maybe I should wear heels and cleavage too...

No comments:

Post a Comment