Sunday, April 22, 2012

Fletch's Pad

Sometimes people ask me about the "theme" of Fletch's room.  I guess I could go with an obvious "nature" or "ocean" or "dogs" option, but I'd rather not outright pigeonhole the kid before he's even born.  So we're just going ahead and using a beer label as our color pallette.  You heard me. This isn't just any label though...it was designed for the Vermont brewery Magic Hat by Jim Pollock, renowned Phish poster artist (so really we're sneakily pigeonholing our kid into having a taste for microbrews and jam bands). You can check out Pollock's work here: http://pollockprints.com/biography.htm

Here is the print.  I think we're going to do the walls in that background cream color and add splashes of brightness with the more vibrant hues:


I also found these notecards on Etsy this morning, which I'm going to order and frame and hang on the wall in his room.  I think they're pretty adorable and fitting...right?




1 comment: