Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Zephyr


We had it close to 70 degrees here in upstate today. Doug and I took advantage and soaked up some spring wind on our walk tonight. I kept catching glances of myself in storefront windows, thinking "man I'm huge". I kept ogling young women and their glasses of white wine. I kept walking. The weather has definitely got me thinking spring in terms of food, but March is also maple season up here. So I dressed up some salmon with a maple syrup glaze to go along with some wild rice and baked potatoes.

Here's the sauce:

1/4 c maple syrup
Diced clove of garlic
2 tablespoons soy sauce
Salt
Pepper
(fresh ginger might be nice)

Pour it over salmon fillets, marinate for a half hour. Bake or grill for...meh... I don't know. 20 minutes? Depends on your fishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment