Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Number 9

Doug and I are hanging out this morning, our attention split between watching the DPW plow a slushy 5 inches and North American wildlife on the Today Show.  The beaver peed on the wildlife guy and the hosts freaked out.  Sometimes I forget that some women are skeeved out by animals.  Not my kinds of women certainly.

We're taking the slow approach to getting ready for Thanksgiving travels and I'm rather enjoying myself. I'm definitely looking forward to spending time with the family, especially our annual parade/dog show/pajamas affair.  And even after a successful Friends Thansgiving plus leftovers, I'm still ready for more of the traditional treats.  Here is a capture of our most infamous moment each year: gravy time.  Even stark sober, gravy is still the main issue.  Somehow we always pull it off...


This was our first year hosting FTG at the Schweizer house...we learned that we can seat up to 12 people for dinner here...so bring on the food parties!  Here's a shot of this year's crew:


And a more candid moment:


After dinner, us girls rekindled our drunken kitchen pow-wow tradition...in the bathroom.  Letting more women in on the news (after Kathleen's super sleuth discovery skills won out) was empowering and reassuring. I feel that if you can create a small network of women that you trust to keep your secret and support you for better or for worse...then you have something really important going for you. Thanks for sitting on my bathtub ladies!

As far as Fletch goes, I really haven't been feeling all that bad.  I definitely have had my queasy moments, including one almost unfortunate incident involving praying to a wood pile right before homeschool nature class.  No need to go futher.  I'm constantly thirsty and I chug milk out of the carton.  I'm SUPER bitchy and mean.  My boobs kill.  Last night I peed 4 times between 11p.m. and 2a.m.  (That was ok because I got to see a lot of snow coming down...)  I cried during Taylor Swift's interview on 20/20 because I imagined myself as the "cool" mom who would take her tween to see that shit and buy a $40 T-shirt on top of it.  Why were we even watching that?  No idea.  I can eat a LOT of food...this morning I had pumpkin pie for breakfast.  I think I might be getting a wee bit more fat.  Or maybe it's all the seasonal food.  You be the judge.  Happy Thanksgiving from me, Colin and Douggleweizen!

No comments:

Post a Comment