Sunday, January 2, 2011

Making up the rules

Happy New Year!  As you can see, I missed the first day of my New Year's resolution.  I could have easily posted this picture on New Year's Day...and there's really no excuse.  To make up for it, I'll post two pictures today.  I'm making up the rules as I go along. 

We spent New Year's Eve in New York City.  Phish played Madison Square Garden to a colorful, excited and happy audience.  This was my first Phish NYE experience...and I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of drama...the easy-goingness of it all. I'm not sure why I thought there would be any chaos at all...A Phish NYE just always seemed so intimidating to me.  The entire night went off without a hitch...right down to the 4a.m. pizza + cab. The photo above was taken late into the show...after midnight.  To me it kind of illustrates the connectedness I felt that night.  We were surrounded by friends that we don't get to see often enough.  I enjoyed the company. 

Today we'll continue to relax into the new year, with football and chili.  It's great to have Doug back in the house...snoozing on his bed.  I may take him out later to try out his new backpack.  We'll start out easy and let him carry the poop bags.   




No comments:

Post a Comment